12 hours, 12 topics, 12 pictures, 1 unforgettable day.
Like all competitions, we have to have some rules. Here are the important ones for Photomarathon UK.
1. Photomarathon is an entirely digital event. You can take part with a digital camera or mobile phone. You must provide your own memory card, which must be empty of images at the beginning of the day. This will be checked by a member of the photomarathon team at registration on the day of the event.
2. You must capture 12 images on 12 given topics, in the same order that the topics appear on the list given to you. You can delete a photo on the memory card before you continue to the next topic. Images must be in the order the items are listed in on the topics list. i.e This means that topic 1 is first on the memory card, followed by topic 2, 3, 4 etc.
3. All photographs must be taken on the day of the Photomarathon event between 10am and 10pm.
4. All images must be taken on the same camera.
5. All images must be shot as JPEG files. RAW files will not be accepted.
6. You are free to use flashguns, filters and tripods.
7. You are not permitted to edit the images, use any image-processing programs or use images that are not taken during Photomarathon. You are not permitted to amend the filename or any exif-data related to the images. Any manipulation (or suspected manipulation) of the image or it¹s metadata will cause the entry to be disqualified. This decision will be at the discretion of the judges and/or the organisers of the event and is final.
8. Only memory cards with 12 images on them will be eligible for downloading. You are not permitted to have more than 12 images on your card at the end of the day.
9. You must collect the topics at the allotted times, in person, from the Photomarathon HQ.
10. To qualify for final judging your Passport card has to be stamped by one of the Photomarathon officials upon collection of each new set of topics and on returning your memory card.
11. To cross the finish line and receive your certificate of completion, you must return your memory card for downloading by the 10pm deadline.
12. Photomarathon HQ will be downloading completed entries from 7.00pm until the end of the event at 10.00pm.